TASTE YOUR IMAGINATION
Employers large and small are actively recruiting career-oriented, trained employees in the fast-growing field of culinary arts. Opportunities exist in many diverse areas, including hotels, restaurants, catering and corporate food services.
The program combines classical cooking methods with regional flair while providing you the skills to run a profitable business. Learn food service management, preparation, and restaurant service while gaining experience working in our kitchens, campus restaurant and at catered events.
You can also earn a two-year Baking Degree or one-year Baking Certificate with an emphasis on specialty baking, a progression of decorating skills, and bakery management. The degree prepares students for entry-level work as bakers for high volume bakeries as well as smaller independent businesses.
Graduates of the program are employed at well-known restaurants and catering companies in Snohomish and King counties as well as running their own restaurants, bakeries and catering businesses.
The college's chef instructors and students prepare desserts at the International Pinot Noir Celebration in Oregon, have been featured in "Northwest Palate," are members of The Chaîne des Rôtisseurs international gastronomic society, and have participated in apprenticeships locally at Quillisascut Farm School and internationally at the Cannes Film Festival. Our students have baked and decorated the cakes for Snohomish County’s 150th anniversary celebration on Jan. 14, 2011.
- Culinary Arts Associate of Technical Arts – learn food production, service and management to prepare for positions as cooks, kitchen managers, servers and hosts in the food service industry and the skills needed to enter management training positions in fine dining, fast food, and institutional food service. Begin the program in fall, winter, or spring quarters.
- Basic Commercial Cooking Certificate – gain entry level kitchen and cooking skills.
- Advanced Commercial Cooking Certificate – add skills in restaurant operations, sauté, bread production, and pastry and dessert preparation.
- Catering Certificate – prepare for an entry level career in catering.
- Baking Degree and Certificate – prepare for an entry level career in pastries or baking.
We Provide Food Services and Catering on Campus
About Our Program
The college's Culinary Arts program graduated its first class in 1987 and serves about 60 students annually. Students range in age from 18 to 60 and include recent high school graduates learning the craft as well as industry professionals adding to their knowledge of culinary technique and theory.