Virtual Testing (Examity)
Edmonds Community College understands that coming to campus to take the placement test can be difficult for some students. Examity will serve as an approved online remote (virtual) proctor for the ACCUPLACER Next Generation and Edmonds CC Math Placement tests.
You will need a computer, a web-cam and a high speed Internet connection to take the virtual placement test.
No additional software is required prior to your test session appointment. The live online proctor will provide the necessary software to effectively proctor your test session remotely. After the session is complete, your proctor will conclude the test session and remove any remote proctoring software from your workstation.
Be sure to check your computer system when you register or schedule your first proctored exam. We also recommend you test your computer 4 hours prior to any exams to be sure there will be no problems.
Prior to your test session, establish a tidy and undisturbed environment where you can conduct the test session. You will not be allowed to interact with anyone except for the remote proctor during this time. Any interruptions may require the remote proctor to immediately suspend the test and terminate the test session.
Follow the instructions provided at examity.com/accuplacer to register and become comfortable with how the online proctoring program operates.
Please review the Examity Test Taker Guide
Examity will charge you a flat fee of $25 for the Accuplacer English Placement test or the LOEP placement test. Edmonds CC does not charge students for their first placement tests, however we charge a $25 fee for student that would like to retest. Please note that the $25 retest fee is separate from the Examity online proctoring fee. Students seeking to retest will need to pay the $25 retest fee in addition to the Examity fees listed above.
Examity will charge you a $15 fee for the first hour of testing, plus $7 for any additional hour of testing. Edmonds CC does not charge students for their first placement tests, however we charge a $25 fee for student that would like to retest. Please note that the $25 retest fee is separate from the Examity online proctoring fee. Students seeking to retest will need to pay the $25 retest fee in addition to the Examity fees listed above.
If you are unable to take a placement test at Edmonds Community College or another approved testing facility you can schedule a virtual placement test by sending an email request to the Testing And Assessment Services office. Once approved you will receive a voucher number and will be able to take the placement test online. Please note that processing time to get a voucher may take up to 3 days, excluding weekends and holidays.
Please email the Testing and Assessment Services office and include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your Edmonds CC SID
- Your date of birth
- The placement tets you would like to take (NextGen Accuplacer English Placement; Edmonds CC Math Placement; LOEP Accuplacer Placement for non-native English speakers)
Live Online Proctoring – Student Expectations:
- The student’s desk must be clear of any papers, folders, books, cell phones, and electronic equipment.
- Any whiteboards or blackboards must be erased or covered.
- Any second monitors must be disabled and turned facing away from the student.
- Any blue tooth enabled devices must be disabled.
- Any allowed items must be communicated in advance to the proctor and the student must display them during the room scan. (Ex: Notes, calculators, graphing tools, notes, formulas.)
- The student is not allowed to talk or receive assistance from other people during the exam.
- Prior to starting the exam, the student must close out any open applications including web pages, mail, chat or IM programs.
- The student must comply with all proctor instructions for the live online proctored exam.
- If the proctor detects any aberrant behavior (behavior not in line with the code of ethics/integrity policies/Live Online Proctoring Expectations), the proctor will suspend the exam and refer the student back to the institution.