What is TEAS?
The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS 5.0) is a 170 question multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English language usage. The objectives assessed on the TEAS exam are those which nurse educators deemed most appropriate and relevant to measure entry level skills and abilities of nursing program applicants.
TEAS contains four subtests. All subtests contain multiple-choice items with one correct answer.
The Reading subtest covers paragraph comprehension, passage comprehension, and inferences/conclusions.
The Math subtest measures knowledge of whole numbers, metric conversions, fractions and decimals, algebraic equations, percentages, and ratio/proportion.
The Science subtest covers science reasoning, science knowledge, biology, chemistry, anatomy and physiology, basic physical principles, and general science.
The English subtest measures knowledge of punctuation, grammar, sentence structure, contextual words, and spelling.
|Content Area||Number of Questions||Amount of Time Allowed|
|English and Language Usage||34||34|
|Total||170||209 (3 hours 29 minutes)|
What You Should Bring to the Testing Center:
- Photo ID – government issued only (passport, driver’s license or state ID card)
- Your ATI Username and Password – Register at www.atitesting.com
- Pay $45 unit fee at www.atitesting.com
- There is also a $62.50 for proctor fee at Edmonds CC
- Monday and Tuesday from 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Wednesday from 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Thursday from 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- No Appointment Necessary.
How to pay your TEAS® fee
If you are not a current user on www.atitesting.com you need to setup a new account. This will allow you to access the student portal or complete a purchase at ATI's online store. Please follow the steps below to setup a new account.
- Go to www.atitesting.com
- Click on the "Create an account" button, located below the password field in the Secure Sign On area.
- The following screen will appear. Fill in all of the blue fields. Blue fields are required information necessary to create a new account.
- Click the "Register” button. You will be directed to your home page.
- Once you have been directed to the Student Home page, click on My Products.
- Enter the Assessment ID (4050816) or (retake - 4051062) under Enter IDs on the My Products page.
- The system will confirm the proctored assessment you are trying to purchase, click Submit.
- You will be prompted to enter your credit card information, once finished click Process Card.
- Once your card has been processed you will receive a message that “no proctor is available”. Click Continue and log out.
- When you sit to take the proctored assessment, you will click under Take Assessment to access the assessment you purchased under the Proctored Assessments tab.
At the test station, you will need to:
- Log on to the ATI website and Sign-In using your ATI username and Password.
- Once you have signed-in, you will be on the Student landing page. From the main menu on the top of the screen, click on My Products.
- Enter the Assessment ID given to you by your proctor then click Begin Assessment.
- Open the Test Instruction Page and click YES. While you are reading the test instructions, your Proctor will approve your test.
- Once you have read through and understand the instructions, click the Start Assessment button at the bottom of the page.
- Calculators are not permitted for the test.
- You will have two pencils and two pieces of scratch paper.
- Please bring scratch paper out to Proctor when you complete the test.
- No communication is permitted between examinees while taking the assessment. We will periodically walk the test floor. Should you need more scratch paper or pencils or have a question, please raise your hand or let us know.
- DO NOT CLICK OUTSIDE OF THE TESTING WINDOW! The action will be recorded with your test result.
- DO NOT CLOSE THE TESTING WINDOW for any reason! DO NOT CLICK “STOP ASSESSMENT” without consulting with the test administrator.
- WITHIN each test segment (i.e. Math, Reading, Science, etc.) you are allowed to skip questions and return to them later by using the navigation buttons at the bottom of the page – if time allows.
- Pay attention to the top of the page to keep track of your progress – example:
|Question||Page||Time Remaining||Pause Remaining||Pause|
|2 of 40||1 of 8||00:43:00||00:05:00|
Any questions that are not answered will be scored as incorrect. Each section is timed. The total time for the test is 3 1/2 hours. CALCULATORS ARE NOT PERMITTED.
Before You Go to the Testing Center:
- You must create an account at www.atitesting.com before the test to establish a Username and Password.
- On the day of your test, you will need to bring your Username /Password with you to log in at the ATI website.
- You need to pay $40 unit fee to ATI for assessment.
- No Appointment Necessary
- Mon.-Tues.: 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Wed.: 11 a.m.-2 p.m.
Thurs.: 10 a.m.-3 p.m.
- Hours: Subject to change.