Determine What Classes You Need
Prior to registering for classes, most students need to take an English and math placement test as part of the Admission process.
- Placement is determined by taking an assessment test called Next Gen ACCUPLACER (for English), and the Edmonds CC Math Placement Test for Math Placement, OR
- By submitting documentation that exempts you from taking the Next Gen ACCUPLACER or the Edmonds CC Math Placement Test.
If English is your second language, you may ask to take a different version of the Next Gen ACCUPLACER called LOEP.
What to Expect:
- You should prepare to take the Next Gen ACCUPLACER and the Edmonds CC Math Placement Test. Look under Resources located on the Testing and Assessment Services Home page.
- Allow approximately three hours to complete each assessment. The test is not timed.
- You are given your placement scores immediately after you complete the Next Gen ACCUPLACER and/or the Edmonds CC Math Placement Test.
- New students to Edmonds Community College are then asked to sign up for the mandatory New Student Advising Session.
- You are ready to register for classes after you attend an advising session.
Challenging your Placement
- You may retake the Next Gen ACCUPLACER or the Edmonds CC Math Placement Test once per quarter.
- A $25 retest fee applies.
- Please note: after you are initially assessed, if you start taking classes based on your placement, you may not retest as a way to skip classes in a sequence.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at edcc.edu/edmail.