Frequently Asked Questions
What tests are offered in the Testing and Assessment Services?
- Make-up exams – per instructor approval
- Tests for online classes
- Correspondence testing
- Chemistry 161 placement test
- NEXT GEN ACCUPLACER/LOEP
- Edmonds CC Math Placement Test
- TEAS test
- Institutional TOEFL iTP
What can I expect when I come to use the Testing and Assessment Services?
- Photo ID is required.
- Staff is available to answer any questions you may have prior to entering the testing area.
- The testing area is under continuous observation via cameras, which are monitored by the staff.
Is there a fee for using the Testing and Assessment Services?
- You must turn in admission application prior testing.
- There is a $25 fee each time you wish to retake.
- There is no charge to Edmonds Community College students who are taking Online/Make-up tests for classes in which they are enrolled.
- There is $25 fee for the first hour of use and an additional $15 for each additional hour charged for proctoring tests for other schools.
NEXT GEN ACCUPLACER/LOEP
What is placement/assessment testing?
- Placement testing usually takes place during the admission process and helps your advisor determine which English or Math classes you should take to achieve the greatest level of success.
- At Edmonds Community College we use a placement test called NEXT GEN ACCUPLACER to place for English, and the Edmonds CC Math Placement Test to place for Math.
- If English is your second language, you may take a different version of the Next Gen ACCUPLACER called LOEP.
What can I expect when I take the NEXT GEN ACCUPLACER/LOEP and Edmonds CC Math Placement Tests?
- Next Gen Accuplacer and the Edmonds CC Math Placement Test are computer based test.
- It takes approximately three hours to complete both the Math and English sections of the test, but the test is not timed.
- You may use pencil and paper while taking the test, but not a calculator.
- You should prepare before you take the test. For sample questions and preparation tools, see Test Preparation Resources
What happens after I take the NEXT GEN ACCUPLACER/LOEP and the Edmonds CC Math Placement Tests?
- You receive your English and Math scores immediately after you complete the test.
- If you are a new student to Edmonds Community College, you are asked to sign up and attend a one-hour New Student Advising (NSA) group advising session. Please note that international students are not required to attend the NSA session.
- Once you attend New Student Advising (NSA) advising session you may register for classes.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at edcc.edu/edmail.