Frequently Asked Questions
Testing and Assessment Services is solely serving students remotely. Campus reopens to the public on June 1. If you have any questions, please contact us via email.
What can I expect when I take the NEXT GEN ACCUPLACER/LOEP and Edmonds College Math Placement Tests?
- Next Gen Accuplacer and the Edmonds College Math Placement Test are computer based test.
- It takes approximately three to four hours to complete both the Math and English sections of the test, but the test is not timed.
- You may use pencil and paper while taking the test, but not a calculator.
- You should prepare before you take the test. For sample questions and preparation tools, see Test Preparation Resources
What happens after I take the NEXT GEN ACCUPLACER/LOEP and the Edmonds College Math Placement Tests?
- You receive your English and Math scores after you complete the test.
- If you are a new student to Edmonds College, you are asked to sign up and attend a one-hour online New Student Advising (NSA) group advising session. Please note that international students are not required to attend the NSA session.
- Once you attend New Student Advising (NSA) advising session you may register for classes.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at edcc.edu/edmail.