new state-of-the-art stem Building coming in 2020
Edmonds Community College broke ground on its new state-of-the-art STEM and Nursing building in fall 2018.
The nearly 70,000-square-foot building will be located north of Mountlake Terrace Hall. It will house allied health, nursing, physics, chemistry, engineering, and math classrooms, as well as labs and offices.
Edmonds CC plays a critical role in educating and training students for an increasing number of high-demand, high-wage Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics, or STEM, jobs in Snohomish County.
The new STEM and Nursing building will allow the college to continue offering students high-quality STEM programming that meets industry demands.
Read about the STEM and Nursing building in the local news:
- Aug. 15, 2016, The Herald, EdCC hopes to build science building – finally
- Dec. 16, 2016, The Herald, $37.8M in governor's budget for Edmonds College building
- Dec. 29, 2016, Edmonds Beacon, EdCC hopes new building will relieve overcrowding
- Jan. 19, 2018, MyEdmondsNews.com, State Legislature passes capital budget that includes millions for projects in 21st District
- Jan. 20, 2018, The Herald, There's plenty to cheer in overdue capital budget
- March 5, 2018, The Herald, Construction could start on new EdCC building this year
- Aug. 24, 2018, MyEdmondsNews.com, Edmonds CC to break ground Sept. 12 for new STEM building