Guide to Emergency Preparedness: Fire or Explosion
What To Do
- If the fire alarm has not sounded, call 911.
- Exit the building using the safest route.
- Do not use elevators.
- Close doors as you exit.
- Call Campus Safety and Security at 425.754.0154.
- If your clothing catches fire, STOP, DROP (LAY DOWN), and ROLL. DO NOT RUN.
If caught in heavy smoke:
- Get close to the floor and crawl.
- Cover mouth and nose with blouse, shirt, or jacket. Breathe through your nose.
If trapped by fire:
- Back away and close as many doors as possible between you and the fire.
- Place a wet towel or clothing at the bottom of the door to prevent smoke from coming in.
- Call 911 or yell for help.
If you smell a suspicious odor but see no smoke: call Campus Safety and Security at 425.754.0154 or from a campus emergency phone (call box).