Guide to Emergency Preparedness: Earthquake
What To Do If Inside
- Drop, cover, and hold on until the shaking ends.
- Stay calm and encourage others to do so.
- Assume all alarms are real and follow directions.
- Find a safe exit route (no elevators) and leave the building.
What To Do If Outside
- Move to an open area away from buildings, trees, and overhead power lines.
- Follow directions from emergency responders.
- Keep people warm in vehicles or with clothing until shelters have been established.
- Take note of anyone leaving the campus.
- Stay outside until emergency responders tell you it is safe to go back inside.