The Study of Life
For the health and safety of our community and in accordance with Gov. Inslee's "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order, the college is serving students and the community remotely through June 19. College offices will reopen to the public on June 22.
Employees are serving students and the community remotely during this time. Please check back for updates on this website for access to services available online, by email, or phone.
Summer and fall quarter registration opens June 1. The summer and fall class schedules will be available online May 22 at edcc.edu/schedule. Summer quarter classes begin July 1.
- 100% online instruction for ALL classes (with some exceptions) for summer quarter.
- Exception: Classes with a hands-on component could be offered throughout the quarter. Strict social distancing guidelines will be followed.
All college updates, resources, and information about COVID-19 is available at edcc.edu/coronavirus. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
Students Will Learn:
- An understanding and passion for the biological world,
- The value and importance of diverse organisms, and
- A responsibility for life-long learning and application of that learning as a scientifically informed citizen.
Dynamic, Diverse Classes
Whether you desire a rigorous background for life sciences, a foundation for health care-related careers or an excellent liberal arts education, our biology courses provide you with opportunities to learn in a student-centered environment.
You'll get hands-on laboratory and field experiences using investigation methods and experimental techniques that reflect the current state of biological science. In addition to traditional laboratory materials, you'll use DNA and protein electrophoresis, PCR, and other biotechnology equipment in our high-tech laboratories.
All biology courses include a laboratory section that meets once or twice a week.
Courses for Your Bachelor's Degree
We offer courses to help you pursue your bachelor's degree:
- Introductory biology classes for non-science majors (100 level courses)
- Rigorous, comprehensive courses for life-science majors (200 level courses)
Allied Health Education Programs
We offer high-quality prerequisite classes for students seeking careers in health care fields.