WElcome to social sciences
For the health and safety of our community, all college offices have moved services online March 18 through May 10. College offices will reopen to the public on May 11.
Employees are serving students and the community remotely during this time. Please check back for updates on this website for access to services available online, by email, or phone.
Spring quarter registration is open. Register online at edcc.edu/schedule. Spring quarter classes begin April 13.
- 100% online instruction for ALL classes for spring quarter.
- Exception: Classes with a hands-on component will be online April 13 through May 17, then the hands-on portion of the class will be offered in person from May 18 through June 19. Social distancing guidelines will be followed.
All college updates, resources, and information about COVID-19 is available at edcc.edu/coronavirus. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
Get informed and become engaged in shaping our society and culture at Edmonds CC
Today, students are actively looking for ways to get involved, volunteer, and make a difference in their community and the world. Classes in the social sciences are a great place to start. These studies are the gateway to careers in public service in law, politics, government, business, social work, and counseling as well as to jobs at local non-profit organizations and international non-governmental organizations.
"I find that my students today are deeply interested in the good society. They are concerned with and interested in what's going on in the world and appreciate classes that are relevant to their experience."
— political science instructor Robin Datta
Social Science Areas We Offer Classes in:
- Transfer Students: these classes provide excellent preparation for success at colleges and universities across the country
- Fulfilling the cultural diversity requirement for degrees and certificates (look for those classes marked CD)
- Gaining the knowledge to act as a thoughtful citizen, informed decision-maker and leader, and lifelong learner and the skills to communicate, act, reason, and explore