FIND YOUR FUTURE IN HEALTH CARE
The Mental Health Technician functions as an active part of the treatment team, providing continuous patient care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling to patients ranging in age from adult through geriatrics. They will also participate in the direct delivery of patient care by observation, involving patients in scheduled program activities and assisting patients with activities of daily living (ADLs).
Edmonds CC's Mental Health Technician Certificate program is designed to provide the foundation, knowledge, and skills to effectively work with individuals in behavioral environments. lt allows graduates to attain entry level employment in settings such as hospitals, group homes, dementia facilities, and other programs where monitoring of behavioral health is required. The curriculum combines courses from the Social and Human Services and Allied Health programs.
Courses in this certificate include:
- SHS 132 Intro to Mental Health Technician
- SHS 151 Therapeutic Activities
- SHS 218 Survey of Mental Illness
- SHS 222 Pharmacology of Psychoactive Drugs
- AHE 162 Certified Nursing Assistant - Basic Patient Care
- AHE 164 CNA : Clinical Externship