Infant Toddler Program
Play and Learn with Your Child
We enroll on a first-come, first-served basis. Send us your name, address, phone, and your child's name and date-of-birth. email@example.com | 425.640.1665
Children from 0 to 36 months. Classes meet one day per week (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday 9:30-11:30 a.m.) according to grouped ages.
Open Enrollment for Fall Quarter
Enroll for Fall 2017
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for faster response.
Contact Family Life Education for scheduling details.
425.640.1665 | email@example.com
Infant/Toddler Program - General Information
Location: Edmonds Community College, Center for Families Room 110 - 20000 68th Ave. W, Lynnwood, WA Get directions to campus.
Our infant and toddler programs involve a two-hour class, one day per week. Contact us for refund policy. Classes run for ten weeks during Fall, Winter and Spring Quarters.
Our program is designed to benefit children and parents in a play-based learning environment.
Play-based classroom for infant/toddlers
- Parent and child attend class together
- Children of similar age range attend the same class
- Play-based activities and lessons provided by highly qualified teachers
- Developmentally appropriate instruction, activities and toys
- Active play activities provide for developing motor skills, cognitive skills and language skills of infant and toddlers
- Open play time, parent education discussion, music and movement, snack and outdoor time (depending on weather)
- Parents participate and learn to guide developmentally appropriate play
Parent Education instruction
- Discussion groups with other parents of similar age children in the same classroom as the children
- Topics related to child development and current best practice in parenting approaches
- Coaching, mentoring and modeling by college instructor on a weekly basis in class
Sample Activities in the Classroom
- Sensory table (water, rice, other materials to explore)
- Cars, trucks, ramps
- Pretend play area
- Toddler ramp, stairs and climber
- Singing and movement during circle time
All classes have a limited number of spaces available for younger siblings. However, an extra fee is charged to enroll a sibling.
Class Schedule Disruptions
If Edmonds Community College cancels classes because of inclement weather, The Family Life Education Department Infant/Toddler Classes will be canceled, and classes will not be rescheduled.
If Edmonds School District closes due to weather or power outages call 425.640.1247 (Center for Families Reception desk) for more information.
If Edmonds School District is running late, the Family Life Education Department Infant/Toddler Classes will begin as scheduled. It is understood some parents may arrive late due to delayed school start for school age children.
Listen to your radio or TV for information on school closures http://flashalert.net.