Learn Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
Adult Basic Education ABE/ESL (basic skills) provides ESL classes to non-native-English-speaking immigrants, refugees, and citizens.
Tuition is $25 per quarter.
- Six levels - Beginning Literacy through Advanced
- Day, afternoon and evening schedules in fall, winter, or spring - choices include: 7:30 a.m. | 9:30 a.m. | 11:30 a.m. | 1:30 p.m. | 5:30 p.m. | 7:30 p.m.
- Summer classes - 8 a.m. | 10:30 a.m. | noon | 6 p.m.
- ESL Skills Lab - for students in Level 1-4
- ESL Language Lab - for students in Level 4-6
- Preparation for College - We offer advanced ESL classes to help you prepare for college classes in subjects like Allied Health, and Business. Math classes are also available for students in levels 4 and above. We also have a Transitions Case Manager who can help you plan for college, learn what steps you need to take to start college, and give you information about Financial Aid. Learn more about taking college classes after ESL and how to meet with the Transitions Case Manager.
How to Get Started
New and returning students, sign up for a Testing and Advising Orientation Session below.
If you are in the United States with an F, M, TN or B visa, call International Student Services at 425.640.1518 for information about other ESL programs.