Learn Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
For the health and safety of our community and in accordance with Gov. Inslee's "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" order, the college is serving students and the community remotely through June 19. College offices will reopen to the public on June 22.
Employees are serving students and the community remotely during this time. Please check back for updates on this website for access to services available online, by email, or phone.
Summer and fall quarter registration opens June 1. The summer and fall class schedules will be available online May 22 at edcc.edu/schedule. Summer quarter classes begin July 1.
- 100% online instruction for ALL classes (with some exceptions) for summer quarter.
- Exception: Classes with a hands-on component could be offered throughout the quarter. Strict social distancing guidelines will be followed.
All college updates, resources, and information about COVID-19 is available at edcc.edu/coronavirus. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
Adult Basic Education ABE/ELA (basic skills) provides ELA (ESL) classes to non-native-English-speaking immigrants, refugees, and citizens.
Tuition is $25 per quarter.
- Six levels - Beginning Literacy through Advanced
- Day, afternoon and evening schedules in fall, winter, or spring - choices include: 7:30 a.m. | 9:30 a.m. | 11:30 a.m. | 1:30 p.m. | 5:30 p.m. | 7:30 p.m.
- Summer classes - 8 a.m. | 10:30 a.m. | noon | 6 p.m.
- ELA (ESL) Skills Lab - for students in Level 1-4
- ELA (ESL) Language Lab - for students in Level 4-6
- Preparation for College - We offer advanced EAL (ESL) classes to help you prepare for college classes in subjects like Allied Health, and Business. Math classes are also available for students in levels 4 and above. We also have a Transitions Case Manager who can help you plan for college, learn what steps you need to take to start college, and give you information about Financial Aid. Learn more about taking college classes after ELA (ESL) and how to meet with the Transitions Case Manager.
How to Get Started
New and returning students, sign up for a Testing and Advising Orientation Session below.
If you are in the United States with an F, M, TN or B visa, call Office of International Programs at 425.640.1518 for information about other ESL programs.