The Writing Studio at Edmonds College offers students the opportunity to delve into multiple genres of writing. Classes taught by instructors who are expert writers and have been published in their fields will help you to unlock your creative potential and hone your craft. Whether your passion is poetry, fiction, publishing, or journalism, the Writing Studio can help you reach your goals.
Careers for Writers
The ability to communicate clearly is critical in any field and strong writing skills are valued by employers in all professions.
Edmonds College students have gone on to careers in the following fields:
- Print media
- Web publications
- Public relations
- Technical writing
Courses at The Writing Studio
- English 131: Introduction to Creative Writing
- English 141/142: Telling True Stories
- English 151/152: Writing Poetry
- English 161/162: Creative Writing
- English 171: Writing Plays
- English 255: Multi-Genre Writing Workshop
- Journalism 125: Introduction to Journalism I
- Journalism 126: Introduction to Journalism II
- Journalism 135: Feature Writing
- Journalism 115/116/117: College Newspaper
- Journalism 225: Newspaper Production
- Humanities 235: Publications
See course descriptions and objectives for the above courses.
The bottom line: Skillful writing is a universally admired and sought after quality. The Writing Studio can help you develop yours.
For further information, contact Rob Harrill, English Department chair, at email@example.com.