Edmonds CC Logo
Event Planning

Become an Event Planner or Advance the Event Management Skills You Already Have!

Find us on FacebookOnline Classes: Earn an Event Planning Degree or Certificate

Our program offers degree and certificate options to meet your specific educational goals. Earn a one-year Certificate, a two-year Associate of Technical Arts degree, or a Transfer Degree to a Bachelor's program. Learn the practical and theoretical aspects of event and meeting management, including best practices in research, design, planning, budgeting, coordination, promotion, risk management, and sustainability of meetings and events. Already an event planner? Refine your skills and elevate your career.

Department News

The Event Planning program can be begun in any quarter. Fall quarter registration is on now and will last through the third day of the quarter.  The course list can be found below.  Do you want to know more? Contact Linda Russell, Event Planning co-department head, faculty, and advisor at lrussell@edcc.edu to schedule an appointment.  

Fall Quarter Classes:

  • Introduction to Catering  (CLART 105, 2 credits, online)
  • Event Planning/Risk Management (EVPL 240, 5 credits, online)
  • Event Planning/Best Practices (EVPL 265, 5 credits, online) 
  • Event Planning/Entertainment and Production (EVPL 277, 2 credits, online)

Get Organized: Explore a Career in Event Planning

Two women talking on the phone

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor StatisticsMeeting/Convention and Event Planners are in-demand. Employment is expected to continue to grow  and the median wage for event planners in the Seattle area was $55,900 in 2018. At Edmonds CC you can get the training that will help you launch or advance your event career!

Start a Bachelor's Degree

We offer two direct transfer degrees that allow you to develop the necessary skills and abilities to be a successful event planner and then expand your career options by completing your Bachelor's Degree. Transfer to South Seattle College to earn a Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Business Management or Central Washington University (either in Lynnwood or Ellensburg) to earn a Bachelor's degree in Administrative Management.