Train to take vital signs, assist patients with personal hygiene, maintain a clean environment for patients, and control infection.
Health care is the second fastest growing industry in the nation. At Edmonds Community College, you can train for opportunities in direct patient care and support occupations.
- Learn from experienced health care professionals
- Gain experience with hands-on activities
- Find opportunities for internships
Entry-level earnings start at about $13.44-18.77/hr*
Choices for Further College Study and Career Paths:
- Clinical Lab Assistant
- Electrocardiography (EKG) Technician
- Medical Information Technology
- Nurse Assistant (CNA)
- Patient Care Technician
- Pharmacy Technician
- Phlebotomy Technician
- Practical Nursing Pathway(LPN)
Some certificates can be completed in as little as one quarter, others in 2 or 3 quarters.
To learn more about I-BEST opportunities:
- Call the Pre-College office at 425.640.1593 and schedule an appointment with Nicole Rios-Gunn, I-BEST Advising Manager
- Email email@example.com
- Drop by the Pre-College Office in Mukilteo Hall, room 403
Find out more about Allied Health Education
Visit: www.edcc.edu/ahe or call: 425.640.1017
*Wage Source: Washington State Employment Security Department, 2013