Mission and Goals
Recognizing that workforce performance is enhanced by quality leadership, it is the mission of the Construction Management program to provide an opportunity for students to prepare for employment as team leaders, organizers, inspectors, and managers of construction.
Upon successful completion of the Construction Management ATA program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication, both orally and in writing.
- Demonstrate the ability to estimate quantities and costs for the bidding process in a construction project.
- Demonstrate the ability to schedule a basic construction project.
- Demonstrate the ability to use current technology related to the construction process.
- Interpret construction documents (contracts, specifications, and drawings) used in managing a construction project.
- Apply basic principles of construction accounting.
- Use basic surveying techniques used in building layout.
- Discuss basic principles of ethics in the construction industry.
- Identify the fundamentals of contracts, codes, and regulations that govern a construction project.
- Recognize basic construction methods, materials and equipment.
- Recognize basic safety hazards on a construction site and standard prevention measures.
- Recognize the basic principles of structural design.
- Recognize the basic principles of mechanical, electrical and piping systems.