Update: We are still accepting applications for the Fall 2020 cohort. Due to the college closure, it is preferable to submit your application electronically, if possible. The application fee may be paid online after application documents have been received. Applications will not be received via mail or drop off until after the college reopens. Contact us at email@example.com with any technical issues.
Students are admitted into the Child, Youth, and Family Studies - Bachelor of Applied Science (CYFS-BAS) program through a separate application process.
Admission is determined holistically by several factors: the Statement of Purpose essay, grade point average (GPA), and work experience.
On this page, you will find:
- Application documents
- Application checklist
- Helpful resources for writing your statement of purpose
- Submitting your application, email, mail, or drop-off
- Tuition waiver eligibility
Prior to the start of the CYFS-BAS program, students would have:
- Completed an Associate of Applied Science - Transfer (AAS-T) degree, or equivalent*,
in one of the following fields of study**:
- Early Childhood Education
- Human Services
- Addiction Studies
- Family Support Studies
- Earned a minimum cumulative 2.5 GPA and minimum grade point of 2.0 in core courses of the specified field of study
*Students without an AAS-T degree are encouraged to consult with the Program Manager to determine equivalency prior to applying.
**Students can apply first if they have not completed their degree at the time of application but are scheduled to complete their AAS-T degree, or equivalent, by the end of Summer 2020.
The application form is a fillable PDF form that can be filled-in and saved as a document when using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software. Please view the Troubleshooting Guide if you have trouble accessing the form.
Questions? Contact the CYFS Department: firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1605.
June 5, 2020: Application deadline
After June 5, 2020: Application reviewed based on space availability
August 3, 2020: Financial Aid primary deadline for Fall 2020
September 1, 2020: Financial Aid secondary deadline for Fall 2020
- If you are a new student to Edmonds College, apply for admission into Edmonds College
- Complete the CYFS-BAS Application Form (PDF fillable form listed above)
- Write and attach your Statement of Purpose (view prompts in application form and instructions)
- Attach your unofficial transcript(s), including prior college(s) with transferable
- Include future class schedule if AAS-T, or equivalent degree, is incomplete at time of application
- *Pay the $25.00 non-refundable application fee through the Cashier's Office.
*Due to the college closure, the fee may be paid online after your application is received. The amount will be added to your account after the CYFS department notifies the Cashier's Office of your application.
You may visit Edmonds College's Writing Center at the Learning Support Center or use eTutoring for online writing assistance. Non-Edmonds College students may email Jeremiah Roland at email@example.com for access to eTutoring.
Subject Line: CYFS-BAS Application_last name
Mail: The college is closed to the public, any applications mailed will not be received until after the college reopens. Refer to the home page for updates on dates of college closure and opening.
Attn: CYFS-BAS Program Admissions
20000 68th Ave. W
Lynnwood, WA 98036
Drop Off: The college is currently closed to the public. Refer to the home page for updates on dates of college closure and opening.
Attn: CYFS-BAS Program Admissions
Print and Mail Center
Mountlake Terrace Hall 100C
Washington State and educational employees may be eligible for a tuition waiver, as outlined inRCW 28B.15.558 of the Washington State Legislature.
If you hope to use the tuition waiver for the BAS-CYFS program, please reach out to the Program Manager for further discussion and details. Teresa Lin | firstname.lastname@example.org | 425.640.1605