Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) 2018
Closed on Presidents Day, February 19, 2018
Free Tax Preparation Campaign at Edmonds Community College
Edmonds Community College and the United Way are partnering to offer free income tax return preparation and e-filing to U.S. citizens and residents. This service is sponsored by an IRS program called, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Volunteers are taught using IRS training guidelines and are IRS certified to provide confidential tax preparation to qualified taxpayers. Last year, Edmonds CC helped more than 600 campus and community members file their tax returns.
Edmonds Community College
Mountlake Terrace Hall - Room 206
This is a drop-in service, we do not make appointments.
January 22 to April 16, 2018 (Please note the change of days):
Monday, 5:30-8:30 p.m.
Friday, 2:30-5:30 p.m
For more information:
Please remember to bring Social Security Cards. We are required to see Social Security Cards for everyone listed on the tax return. Click here for a full list documents to bring with you.
What we can't do:
- Household income over $66,000,
- Complicated investment schedules,
- Rental income,
- Partnerships, S-Corps, Estates, Trusts, or Farms,
- Self-employed with depreciable property or Home office,
- Married filing seprate
- Military income
- International Homestay, and
- International Students
You will need to bring:
- A copy of last year's tax return (if available),
- picture ID,
- social security cards for all family members,
- W-2 forms,
- 1099 and 1098 forms,
- unemployment compensation statements,
- child care expenses (including provider name, address and employer number), and
- information for college expenses.
- click here for a full list documents to bring with you
Tax forms will be provided.