Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) 2020
**ATTENTION** Updated April 1, 2020
Due to the risks associated with COVID-19, Edmonds College and United Way of Snohomish County’s Free Tax Prep Sites will be suspended until further notice. Important updates to be aware of:
The Internal Revenue Service has pushed tax filing and payments out to July 15, 2020. Visit www.irs.gov for more information.
See www.uwsc.org/taxhelp for updates on the status of our tax sites.
If you still need tax help, there is a FREE online tool at www.myfreetaxes.com.
We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding!
Free Tax Preparation Campaign at Edmonds College
Edmonds College and the United Way are partnering to offer free income tax return preparation and e-filing to U.S. citizens and residents. This service is sponsored by an IRS program called, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Volunteers are taught using IRS training guidelines and are IRS certified to provide confidential tax preparation to qualified taxpayers. Last year, Edmonds College helped more than 500 campus and community members file their tax returns.
Mountlake Terrace Hall - Room 206
This is a drop-in service.
January 27 to April 13, 2020:
Monday and Thursday: 5-7 p.m.
Friday, 2-5 p.m
For more information:
Please remember to bring Social Security Cards. We are required to see Social Security Cards for everyone listed on the tax return. Click here for a full list documents to bring with you.
What we can't do:
- Household income over $66,000,
- Complicated investment schedules,
- Rental income,
- Partnerships, S-Corps, Estates, Trusts, or Farms,
- Self-employed with depreciable property or Home office,
- Married filing separate
- Military income
- International Homestay, and
- International Students
You will need to bring:
- A copy of last year's tax return (if available),
- government issued picture ID,
- social security cards for all family members listed on the tax return,
- W-2 forms,
- 1099 and 1098 forms,
- unemployment compensation statements,
- child care expenses (including provider name, address and employer number),
- information for college expenses.
- Form 1095-A, -B, or -C if anyone on your return had health insurance for any part of 2019. REQUIRED.
- Mortgage interest and property tax statements, if you own a home.
- Bank account number for direct deposit.
Tax forms will be provided.