- Complete and submit an Edmonds College Admission application to be assigned a student identification (SID) number.
- Determine the degree or certificate you are planning to earn with assistance of the Advising Resource Center.
- Request a Transcript Evaluation of any credits earned at other colleges/universities or through military training.
- If you have earned credits through IB, AP or CLEP, have those credits recorded.
- Now you know the courses that are remaining to complete your degree or certificate.
- Prior learning credits can be earned through a course challenge(s) of specific approved
class(es). Although not all classes are challengeable, you will be able to review
the course descriptions and learning outcomes of courses through the Academic Departments list.
- If you believe that you can demonstrate the course learning outcomes, you can contact
the department head listed or complete the Course Challenge Request form.
- You will be notified via email that your request has been received and you should
receive an email answer within 10 days.
- If your request is approved, you will receive information about how to make the assessment
- Once payment is received, the faculty member who will be working with you will contact
you regarding the course challenge assessment and timeline.
- Your grade/credits for the successful challenge will be recorded on your transcript
the quarter in which it is completed.