The WorkFirst team at Edmonds Community College believes in the Washington state goal for Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) recipients: "A job, a better job, a better life."
One of the best ways to reach this goal is through free education and training through WorkFirst.
The WorkFirst grant pays for tuition, books, and fees for classes for certificate programs. Students must be receiving TANF.
How to Apply
To be eligible for free WorkFirst education and training programs, an applicant must meet the following qualifications:
- Currently receiving TANF (cash assistance from Department of Social and Health Services [DSHS])
- Have DSHS case manager approval to attend full-time vocational education
Call our WorkFirst office at 425.640.1686 to see if you qualify.
What is TANF?
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) is a cash grant from the Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
For more information on how to apply for TANF or other support services from DSHS, see www.dshs.wa.gov or call DSHS at 1.877.501.2233.
What does WorkFirst at Edmonds Community College offer?
The WorkFirst grant pays for tuition, books, and fees for TANF recipients. It is designed to be linked to a specific career ladder and to lead to better skills and higher wages.
Accounting for Small Business
- Allied Health Education
Phlebotomist/Lab Assistant | Clinical Lab Assistant | Health Unit Coordinator | Patient Care Technician | Nursing Assistant (CNA) | Electrocardiography (EKG) Technician | Phlebotomy Technician | Pharmacy Technician
- Business Information Technology
Accounting | Basic Office | Advanced Office | Medical Information Technology | Medical Office | Office Skills Technician
- Business Management
Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management
- Computer Information Systems
Desktop Support Specialist
- Culinary Arts
Baking | Basic Commercial | Basic Catering
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Washington Aerospace Training and Research (WATR) Center
Aerospace Electrical Assembly Mechanic | Aerospace Tooling
* If what you want to study is not listed, please contact Louise Clark at 425.640.1467 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WorkFirst Life Skills Class | 12:30-4:30 p.m., weekdays
For more information, call Penny Robins at 425.640.1686.
- Solid Foundations
- WorkFirst GED Class | 9 a.m.-noon, Monday-Thursday
For more information, call Carolee Davis, GED instructor, at 425.640.1232.
Main line: 425.640.1686
Gateway Hall 106
Edmonds Community College
6600 196th St. SW, Lynnwood, WA
Questions? Call Louise Clark, WorkFirst Coordinator, at 425.640.1467.