Basic Food and Employment Training

Community Based Organizations Available for Community Members Receiving Federally Issued Food Benefits

Cares of Washington

Hours: Gateway Hall: 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Thursdays

Contact Sue Koeller for an appointment: 206.938.1253 (office); 206.434.6866 (cell)

Please check in with the front office in Gateway Hall 106 when you arrive for your appointment.

Services provided:

  • Resume, cover letters, interviewing skills
  • Job search skills, job search/placement assistance
  • Career planning
  • Transportation and exam fees
  • Referrals for DVR clients and clients with disabilities

Note: Clients must be receiving federally issued food assistance to qualify for the BFET program. Email; website:


Services provided vary with client relationship. If you wish to explore Housing Hope services for education, please contact Alex Leong, Education Coordinator by phone at 425.903.4913 x225 or at

Visit the Housing Hope website for more information.

Note: Clients must be receiving federally issued food assistance to qualify for BFET program.

SEATTLE GOODWILL – Snohomish County

Seattle Goodwill, which provides a variety of services for Snohomish County residents, does not currently have a scheduled time on campus. It serves non-BFET community members as well as BFET participants.

Visit Seattle Goodwill website for more information.

TRAC ASSOCIATES – Snohomish County

TRAC Associates works with BFET-eligible ESL students to assist with employment. ESL students can meet individually with an employment specialist who will work with them to find a job or pursue continued training.

Suzan Bartee, Employment Specialist, can be reached at 425.514.3358 or