How to Apply
1. Download, print, and complete the APPLICATION
2. Download, print, and complete the RELEASE CLAUSE.
4. Return all completed documents to the BFET office in Gateway Hall 106.
You can also email your application materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BFET drop in hours are Tuesdays 9 a.m.-3 p.m. in Gateway Hall 106 and Thursdays 1-5 p.m. in Mountlake Terrace Hall 130
Printed forms can be picked up from the BFET office at Gateway Hall 106.
If you are eligible for BFET, we will contact you to set up an intake appointment once your application forms are received. Intake appointments usually begin about 30 days before the start of the quarter. If your application is incomplete or not approved, we will notify you in writing.
If you need childcare: There are some additional steps — and potentially another meeting — to certify your participation for childcare.
- Apply for admission to Edmonds Community College and take the Accuplacer test.
- Choose an approved program from the list of eligible programs.
- Schedule an advising appointment by calling at 425-640-1686 and have your advisor complete and sign the BFET Academic Training Plan and register for your classes.
- Complete your federal financial aid application — FAFSA. After you file the FAFSA, check with Student Financial Services to determine what additional steps may be required.
- Complete all your financial aid paperwork even if recent deadlines have passed — this is where BFET can help you with tuition and book awards until finanicial aid is available.