Edmonds College Logo
Online Learning

Out-of-State Students

The U.S. Department of Education regulation 600.9(c) State Authorization [PDF] (effective 7/1/2011) requires that all institutions of higher education comply with existing laws in other states and/or commonwealths regarding distance learning. As these regulations are continuously evolving, Edmonds College is making every effort to maintain compliance where feasible.

In addition to comply with the Department of Education, Edmonds College is proud to be a member of NC-SARA, the National Council for State Authorization and Reciprocity Agreements. As a member of NC-SARA, Edmonds College can accept students residing in other states and commonwealths which have membership in NC-SARA.

At this time there are no restrictions regarding students from states or commonwealths outside of Washington state.

Restrictions Pertaining to Iowa Residents Only

As per the Iowa College Student Aid Commission (ICSAC), Iowa residents may not register in the following degree programs:

  • Family Support Studies AA - transfer to WSU
  • Event Planning AAS - transfer to CWU
  • Event Planning AAS - transfer to South Seattle Community College
  • Event Planning ATA
  • Event Planning Certificate

Students residing in a state outside of Washington and enrolled in a degree program which requires a practicum, internship, externship or other outside work experience to complete the degree or complete a degree which leads to Licensure in their home state, may not be able to take those courses or receive credit for that portion of the degree.

If you have any questions please contact:
Instructional Technology Support

Lynnwood Hall Rm 208
425.640.1805 | its@edcc.edu

Please check this page periodically as Edmonds College continues to update its compliance status with federal and state authorization guidelines.

We apologize for any inconvenience and wish you success in your academic endeavors.