The latest news from Edmonds Community College
Free tax prep and e-file at Edmonds Community College
Every year, Edmonds Community College offers free income tax return preparation and e-filing to U.S. citizens and residents. This service is sponsored by an IRS program called Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA).
Confidential tax return preparation will be offered on a drop-in basis Feb. 6-March
20 and again April 8-11 in Mountlake Terrace Hall 212. No tax preparation will be
done during spring break, March 21-April 7. Assistance in several languages will be
Volunteers are taught using IRS training guidelines and are IRS certified to provide confidential tax preparation to qualified taxpayers. Last year, Edmonds Community College helped more than 500 campus and community members file their tax returns.
For more information, call 425.640.1874 or visit www.edcc.edu/vita.
Here’s what to bring to get help with a tax return:
- a copy of last year's tax return (if available)
- picture ID (required)
- social security cards for all persons claimed on the tax return
- W-2 forms, 1099 and 1098 forms
- unemployment compensation statements
- retirement income forms
- child care expenses (including provider name, address and employer number)
- if you are a student, bring tuition and expense receipts and any loan interest paid
Tax forms will be provided.