The latest news from Edmonds College
Edmonds Community College Marks Strides in Sustainability on Campus04/02/2012
LYNNWOOD — Edmonds Community College has much to celebrate for Earth Month, including its first LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) certified building, renovated Meadowdale Hall, as well as a new Green Team of student advocates for sustainability on campus and cost savings of an estimated $132,019 annually due to energy efficiency upgrades made with State Jobs Act funding.
The college will offer events focused on sustainability in April and May for an extended Earth Month celebration.
All events are free and open to the public.
Join Edmonds Community College for Earth Month Events
- Earth Day Fair, 11 a.m.–2 p.m., Thurs., April 19, Triton Student Center, Brier Hall
- Earth Day Celebration, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., Sun., April 22, Gold Park Ethnobotanical Garden
Learn More About Sustainability: Lectures/Film/Discussion
- Poet Laureate Kathleen Flenniken, "Telling the Hanford Story: Finding a Form that Fits," 12:30 p.m., Tues., April 24, Black Box Theatre
- Film: Taking Root: The Vision of Wangari Maathai, 12:30 p.m., Thurs., April 26, Black Box Theatre
- Running Grass, "Sustainability, Diversity and Social Justice," 12:30 p.m., Wed., May 2, Black Box Theatre
- Conservation Efforts in the Philippines, 10:30 a.m., Tues., May 8, Woodway Hall 202
- Sustainability around the World Panel, 3 p.m., Wed., May 23, Woodway Hall 202
Participate in Service-learning
- NW Eco Building Home Tour, April 21-22, Greenhome Solutions in Seattle
- Lake Stickney Clean-Up, May 5
- Kayak Cleanup Day, May 9, Lake Union
- Trashy Tuesday Campus Clean-Up, 3-5 p.m., Tues., April 24 and Tues., May 15
- (Work) Party in the Garden, 10 a.m.-noon, Thurs., April 26 and Wed., May 2, campus garden
- Powwow, "Echoes of Our Ancestors," May 4-6, Seaview Gym
- Bike to Work Day, May 18
- Celebration of Food Festival, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., May 20, Lynnwood Convention Center