The latest news from Edmonds Community College
No cost Computer Forensics seminar Sat., Dec. 10
This seminar is designed for anyone interested in learning more about computer forensics/forensic
computing. You do not need to be working in an information technology related field
to attend. The focus for this seminar will be the various aspects of computer forensics,
and what working in this exciting field actually entails.
You'll be taken through an actual computer forensics case as seen through the eyes
of an expert, and you will become conversant in computer forensics terminology as
well as gaining an understanding of what computer forensics experts actually do. As
many computer forensics cases now involve Internet technologies, we will also be discussing
some items that are normally overlooked as well as misinterpreted by many experts.
• Data storage, hard drives and media
• Sources of data and evidence
• Forensics in a networked environment
• Computer forensics procedures - methods to start an analysis and investigation
• Computer forensics experts - becoming one
• Locating and extracting evidence from the Windows Registry
• Locating and extracting evidence related to Internet activity
• Locating and extracting evidence related to email activity
• Employment outlook
• Preparing to testify
Find out moreFind out more.
< back to news index