The latest news from Edmonds College
New Concert Band forming: open auditions Sept. 24
Musicians wanted — playing woodwinds, brass, percussion — to join Edmonds Community College’s new community Concert Band.
The Concert Band rehearses 7-9:30 p.m. Mondays. Rehearsals start Sept. 26. Legendary trombonist and educator Bill Park directs. Open auditions will be 11:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Sat., Sept. 24 in Mill Creek Hall 114.
Join the concert band to:
- get the large ensemble experience required by most music schools;
- learn, create, and perform with the band;
- work with well-known director Bill Park; and
- be a part of the college’s outstanding music program.
Edmonds Community College’s music program offers:
- public performances in the Black Box Theatre on campus;
- transfer degrees in music and digital music;
- performance opportunities in the Concert Band, Symphonic Choir, Jazz Band, Jazz Workshop, and Soundsation, a select jazz choir;
- classes in music theory, digital music, audio engineering, and music appreciation;
- private music lessons for vocalists and instrumentalists;
- the opportunity to work with world-class, professional musicians; and
- state of the art classrooms including a music theory lab and pro-quality recording studios.