Web Cam Video recording in Canvas
Step by Step Instructions
- Log on to campus network
- Log on on to Canvas
- Navigate to your class
- Click on assignments
- Navigate to the assignment for this video recording
- Click on Submit assignment in the right hand column on screen
- Select " Record/Upload Media"
- Select "Allow" in Adobe Flash Player Settings Dialog box
- Dismiss Logitech Web controller by clicking on X
- Click anywhere on screen to begin recording
- Click anywhere on screen to stop recording
- your recording will immediately begin playback for your review
- if you wish to record over, click on the red button, another dialog box will appear asking
- if you want to record without saving the previous recording, select either yes or no.
- No, will save your previous recording, yes will erase it, you will have the choice in a later dialog box as to which recording to submit for your assignment.
- When ready to submit enter a title for your assignment and click on save.
- The recording screen will disappear and Submit button will appear, click on submit.
- In the upper right side of the Canvas window, a Submission Confirmation box will appear with a link for submission details, you have now successfully completed your video assignment.
- Log off of Canvas
- Log off Campus network, but please leave the computer on
If you are having trouble accessing the network or your Canvas account please ask for help from the START center or Lab Assistant on the third floor.
If Canvas has an error message try re-booting the camera if that does not work or there is another Hardware issue please report that issue to the Library Reference Desk.
Video Lab Frequently Asked Questions
for Mini Disc recording.
What type of DVDs should I buy?
MINI-DVD-R or MINI- DVD-RW.
What does the DVD-R or RW mean?
Data on a DVD-R cannot be changed, whereas a DVD-RW (DVD-rewritable) can be rewritten multiple (1000+) times. EXCEPT when finalized for playback on standard DVD players.
Where can I buy just one DVD for this project?
Best Buy or Staples
Why won't my video playback on my DVD player?
It wasn't "finalized".
Do I need to finalize the video?
In order to allow interchange between Players, it is necessary to finalize or protect DVD-RW media before putting these in another recording system.DVD-R media must be finalized before playback is possible in players.
How do I finalize the video?
Refer to the Mini-DiscCam Instructions
What if I want to record more later?
This is not possible with the Mini DVD camera system.
Can I edit the video now to chop off the beginning or ending?
Currently there is no facility at Edmonds CC to edit your video.
Where can I go to get a copy of my video created?
Currently there is no facility at Edmonds CC to copy DVDs.
If I recorded more than one "session" do I have to finalize all sessions or can I choose them?
All sessions must be finalized before playback is possible in DVD players.