Dr. Jean Hernandez
Dr. Jean Hernandez was named President of Edmonds Community College in January 2011. With more than 30 years experience in higher education, Hernandez was previously the vice president for instruction at South Seattle College, where she served as the interim president and vice chancellor.
Dr. Hernandez is most proud of her Honorary Triton Award — Outstanding Administrator Award (2011) that was presented to her by Edmonds CC's Center for Student Engagement and Leadership and student government. She also received the NAACP of Snohomish County's Oscar Eason Jr. Community Service Award (2014) and was invited twice to White House Summits on STEM and Pre-College discussions.
- American Association of Community Colleges (AACC), Commission on Economic and Workforce Development
- League for Innovation in the Community College
- Washington Association of Community and Technical Colleges (WACTC), Corrections Education Committee and Capital Budget Committee.
Dr. Hernandez is involved in many business, community, education and youth programs:
- College Spark Washington, Board of Trustees
- Economic Alliance of Snohomish County Board
- United Way of Snohomish County Board Member
- Workforce Snohomish County Board Member
- Partnering with College Place Middle School, Thea Gardner
- Former Girl Scouts, Totem Council - Board Member
- Edmonds Chamber of Commerce
Hernandez received her Doctorate of Education degree in Educational Leadership & Policy Studies from the University of Washington and her Master of Education in Counselor Education and Bachelor of Science in Secondary Education degrees from the University of North Texas.