The Spring 2019 ISS New Student Scholarship Application is now OPEN!
The Current Student Scholarships will open on April 1, 2019
Multiple awards are available for each of the three types of scholarships, offered in the form of a tuition waiver:
- New Student College or High School Scholarship ($1,000)
- Intensive ESL to College or High School Scholarship ($300)
- College or High School Merit Scholarship ($300)
|Quarter||Fall 2018||Winter 2019||Spring 2019|
|New Student Scholarship Opens (8 a.m. PST)||July 17, 2018||November 2, 2018||February 1, 2019|
|Current Student Scholarship (IESL and Merit) Opens (8 a.m. PST)||September 17, 2018||January 2, 2019||April 1, 2019|
|Scholarship Due Date (5 p.m. PST)||October 5, 2018||January 18, 2019||April 19, 2019|
|Scholarship Ceremony Date (3-4 p.m.)||October 25, 2018||February 7, 2019||May 9, 2019|
|Scholarship Ceremony Location||SNH 338||SNH 337||SNH 338|
Must be an Edmonds CC international student with an F1/F2 visa
For New Student College or High School Scholarship, applicants must be a first-time Edmonds CC student starting in the College or High School program. This scholarship is not available for Intensive English as a Second Language (IESL) students. Applicants must submit their unofficial transcript in English from the last school attended showing at least one term of grades with a minimum 3.3 GPA.
For IESL to College or High School Scholarship, applicants must have completed Level 5 of the IESL Program and are preparing to transfer to the College or High School Program. Applicants must submit their Edmonds CC unofficial transcript showing their Intensive ESL grades with a minimum 3.5 GPA and a current copy of their class registration schedule showing a minimum of 12 credits. All documents must show the student’s name and SID number for eligibility.
For College or High School Merit Scholarship, applicants must be currently enrolled in only college or high school courses. Applicants must submit their Edmonds CC unofficial transcript showing their last quarter grades with a minimum 3.5 GPA and a current copy of their class registration schedule showing a minimum of 12 credits. All documents must show the student’s name and SID number for eligibility.
Must submit all required application documents by 5 p.m. PST on the due date.
Failure to meet any of these eligibility requirements will result in a denied application.
- All ISS Scholarships are awarded as tuition waivers to be used for the following quarter.
- Applicants currently in their last quarter at Edmonds CC (for example, graduating or transferring to another school) are not eligible for any ISS Scholarship.
- Applicants who received an ISS Scholarship in the previous quarter (Ex. Winter 2019) are not eligible to receive a scholarship this quarter (Ex. Spring 2019).
How to Apply
- Before applying, please read the Eligibility Requirements above.
- To begin the application, click on the following link and request a PIN with your Edmonds CC student ID number: ISS PIN Request
- You will receive a PIN after you submit the request in your email.
- For New Students (Not IESL), please check the email you submitted for main communication on your application.
- For Current Students, please check your EdMail.
- There are two types of scholarship application forms.
- If you are a first-time student at Edmonds CC, please see above what date your scholarship window opens, then click on the following link:
- If you are a current student at Edmonds CC and are applying for the Intensive ESL
or Merit Scholarship, please see above what date your scholarship window opens, then
click on the following link:
- CLOSED, WILL OPEN APRIL 1 Current Student Intensive ESL or Merit Scholarship Application
Use your PIN to log in to the application.
Fill out the scholarship application and upload a copy of your current schedule and transcript.
All transcripts and schedules must be in English and include the applicant's name and student ID number. Failure to meet these requirements and follow directions will result in a denied application.
Each year, the college Foundation provides scholarships and emergency grants for many students. Scholarship criteria vary; some are for specific areas of study or for those with specific backgrounds or needs.
- Awards range from $1,000-4,500
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA or higher and must plan to attend Edmonds CC in the upcoming academic year.
- Application deadline: CLOSED
- Apply now: https://edcc.awardspring.com/ (You must make an account.)
- Questions and Guidelines
Applicants will be considered for all scholarships for which they are eligible. All required materials must be included in an application packet. Students qualify for and may receive funds from multiple scholarships, but only need to submit one application.
Complete the Dream Scholarship
Students may only apply for the Foundation’s Complete the Dream Scholarship during their last or graduation quarter. You must also have experienced a significant financial, medical, or family loss that has required you to drop your classes and therefore not graduate. The Complete the Dream Scholarship funds are available to help students through tough times and enable them to graduate despite a personal crisis.
Past ISS Scholarship Recipients
“This scholarship is for me is a great recognition of all the efforts I provided to succeed during the past few years. It is also a way to support my parents financially, and to face the future more serenely.”
"This merit scholarship is an amazing award that makes it easier for me to achieve my academic goals, and it brings me one step closer to becoming a physician. It lets me show other people that everything is possible with hard work and dedication since this is the second time that I have received this scholarship. I am very pleased because it represents a big emotional motivation to keep doing things right with my studies. Also, this merit scholarship helps me relieve my study expenses."
"My major is business, and this scholarship will help me and my family in terms of reducing tuition and textbook costs. I can focus more on my study program and my educational goals for my future! "
"I have received an ISS College Merit Scholarship and an Edmonds CC Foundation Scholarship. Thanks to Edmonds CC financial aid, I am both proud of myself and happy to be closer to my dream. For most international students, our tuition and book fees can be a burden. Students study harder with the help of scholarships, and it is a good memory to have in our time here. Thank you ISS for having a program that supports international students."
"Through the ISS Merit Scholarship, I can help with my parent's financial support. This scholarship is also a wonderful addition to my resume!"
"Being an international student in USA, is an important sacrifice for me and my family. It is not always evident to finance my school and my life here. That’s why I am very thankful to ISS for receiving the Merit Scholarship that remove a weight on both my shoulders and my family. That support is what we needed and I am very grateful for that opportunity."
"The ISS Merit Scholarship doesn't just help me pay the tuition, but also relieves the financial pressure of my parents. I appreciate and thank Edmonds CC for understanding the financial situation of students. In addition, I can put it as an award to enrich my resume."
"This is my first scholarship while being in Edmonds. This scholarship can help pay for some of my tuition fees and it is definitely an honor being able to get it. This scholarship can bring great advantages to students as we can put it in our resume as we transfer to university. It is definitely a good opportunity that Edmonds CC has given us and I encourage other students to try and take part in it as well!"