Welcome to Intensive English as a Second Language
The Edmonds Community College Intensive ESL Program teaches English to international students. Started in 1981, the program has an excellent reputation for high quality ESL instruction.
When students arrive, they take a placement test to find their level of English, from
Level 1 to Level 5. Students who finish the Intensive ESL Program can take Edmonds
CC college or high school completion classes.
Important Dates for Intensive ESL
Fall Quarter 2019
Fall Quarter starts Monday, September 23.
Important Dates for Fall:
- New Student Testing: Monday, September 23
- Registration: Tuesday, September 24
- ESL Classes Begin: Wednesday, September 25
- Friday, October 4 — Non-Instructional Day
- Friday, October 25 — Non-Instructional Day
- Monday, November 11 — Veteran's Day Holiday
- Wednesday-Friday, November 27-29 - Holidays
Final Exams: December 10-13
Fall Quarter ends Friday, December 13
Looking Ahead: Winter Quarter 2020 starts Monday, January 6.
New Students: Contact International Student Services.
For more information about the Intensive ESL Program, click on the links in the box above right.