Welcome to Intensive English as a Second Language
The Edmonds Community College Intensive ESL Program teaches English to international students. Started in 1981, the program has an excellent reputation for high quality ESL instruction.
When students arrive, they take a placement test to find their level of English, from
Level 1 to Level 5. Students who finish the Intensive ESL Program can take Edmonds
CC college or high school completion classes.
Important Dates for Intensive ESL
Fall Quarter 2018
Fall Quarter starts Monday, September 17.
Important Dates for Fall:
- New Student Testing: Monday, September 17
- Registration: Tuesday, September 18
- ESL Classes Begin: Wednesday, September 19
- Friday, October 5 and Friday, October 26—Non-instructional Days
- Monday, November 12—Veteran's Day Holiday
- Wednesday-Friday, November 21-23—Thanksgiving Break
Final Exams: December 4-7
Fall Quarter ends Friday, December 7.
Looking Ahead: Winter Quarter 2019 starts Wednesday, January 2.
New Students: Contact International Student Services.
For more information about the Intensive ESL Program, click on the links in the box above right.