Welcome to The Intensive English Program
The Edmonds Community College Intensive English Program (ESL) teaches English to international students. Started in 1981, the program has an excellent reputation for high quality English language instruction.
Our program has five levels. When students arrive, they take a placement test to find
the class level that is right for them. Students who finish the Intensive English
Program can take college or high school completion classes at Edmonds Community College.
Important Dates for Intensive English
Winter Quarter 2020
Winter Quarter starts Monday, January 6.
Important Dates for Winter:
- New Student Testing: Monday, January 6
- Schedule Pick-up: Tuesday, January 7
- Intensive English Classes Begin: Wednesday, January 8
- Monday, January 20 — Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Holiday
- Monday, February 17 — Presidents Day Holiday
Final Exams: March 16-19
Winter Quarter ends Thursday, December 19
Looking Ahead: Spring Quarter 2020 starts Monday, April 6.
New Students: Contact International Student Services.
For more information about the Intensive ESL Program, click on the links in the box above right.