Create friendships that last a lifetime. By living with a family, students can make new friends and improve their English skills as they experience family life in America. Ongoing support is provided by the Housing Services staff, which also trains and selects each family and places students by introducing them to prospective families.
Room, Food, Family Life:
The family will include the student as a member of their family, including participation in family activities and daily life. Students may be expected to be more independent in taking care of themselves than with their family at home. Students are expected to clean their own room, do their laundry, and clean up after themselves in the kitchen. Students are provided three meals a day. They help themselves to breakfast and lunch and the host family cooks a nice, hot, fresh meal for dinners. Any special foods, snacks, or personal items, students purchase for themselves.
Expectations of Students:
- Stay in the Homestay Program for one quarter
- First, try to resolve any problems with your family (then, if necessary, we will match you with a new family).
- To respect and follow the guidelines of the host family in the U.S.
- Abstain from illegal activities during your stay with the host family
- Notify the family and the Housing Office 20 days before moving out
- Pay Edmonds CC for each quarter of homestay a month before new quarter (1st quarter, the week you arrive)
We are a member of:
- NAFSA Association of International Educators
- AWISA Association of Washington International Student Affairs
- AIHP WS Association of International Host -Programs in Washington State
- NW - ACUHO NorthWest Association of College and University Housing Officers
- ACUHO - I Association of College and University Housing Officers International