Edmonds College HOUSING COVID-19 PLAN FOR 2020-21
Edmonds College looks to be fully open in the Fall, and this means we can once again welcome students to our Residence Halls and to our Homestay Program. We would like to share with you our response to any concerns about our Housing Community at Edmonds and the safety and health of students given the COVID-19 situation.
RAs Hand Out Meals
This Spring Quarter our RAs handed out meals every week to students. Funding was provided by local donors and meals were provided by Chef Dane.
Edmonds Residence Halls are not the typical residence hall space you may be used to at Universities. Students will live in apartment style housing that will provide privacy and security. Roommates will share common areas such as the kitchen and living room, but individual students will have a single bedroom and share the bathroom with only one other student at the most. In addition, we also have many more studios and 2 bedroom apartments this Fall.
Edmonds Homestay Families are eager to welcome students from around the world this Fall too. All students are provided a single bedroom and in most cases, they only share the bathroom with one other family member.
Placement of Students
We want students to be as comfortable as possible in the given situation, so we will be taking all of our students' requests into consideration while working on placements. This can mean that students may request: a certain apartment/room type, ask to live with friends, students from the same Edmonds athletic team, or country— you let us know what you would like in your placement and we will do our best to accommodate. Let us know what your housing preferences are on your application or via email: email@example.com
Arrivals and Moving in during Fall
We will work with you on a date and time to move-in to reduce traffic in the common areas of the residence halls. Please try to limit the number of family members to two people while in the Residence Hall to help support this effort too.
Cleaning of the Residence Halls
We have implemented the following cleaning policies in our residence halls:
- All public spaces (community room, bathrooms, office area) are cleaned each morning.
- Students are responsible for clean their own room/apartments, but we do have free cleaning supplies for them to check out in our office.
- Hand sanitizing stations added near doors and Rainier Place Community room.
- We will keep encouraging students to wash their hands often and ask that they limit guests so there is still distancing being kept in the community.
- We will clean both buildings before students arrive.
Contacting Housing Staff:
We will continue having online connections with students through chat and email so students do not need to come to the Housing Office if they want to just ask a question. Our office will be open for picking up their packages, getting cleaning supplies, and other administrative needs.
We have RAs on-call any time the Housing Office is not open and we have two live-in Professionals who are on-call for the RAs during these times too. We also have a security staff member in Rainier Place and Triton Court on Friday and Saturday nights to assure that there are no non-residents entering the building on their own. Visitors must be with the student who lives in the building to enter.
Limiting Gathering Space and Visitors:
- We will continue to practice social distancing and ask that students limit their guests in the building (especially if they are sick) for the safety of the community.
- We will continue to monitor the need to enforce minimal guests or no guests at all times depending on the COVID-19 situation in the State/County/City.
- We will continue to monitor what kind of programming we have for the community (in person or online) according to the State/County/City/College recommendations according to COVID-19 related issues.
If COVID-19 related issues make it impossible for students to arrive in the Fall (no flights, or the College closed) a full refund of everything (except the Application Fee) will be refunded, if notice is given 3 weeks before arrivals. We can also defer payments to future quarters. The Application Fee can be deferred to a future quarter as well.
Isolation and; Quarantine:
We will work with Snohomish County Health Department if any isolation or quarantine is needed in our Residence Hall and/or Homestay Program. We will have some vacant apartments to use in regard to this need. If an apartment or building is quarantined, our staff will work with the students to try to meet their needs.
Edmonds Housing Stayed Open
While many schools closed their doors to students, Housing at Edmonds remained open for those students that did not have a home to go home to, or could not get a flight...about half our students stayed for Spring. We will support students if anything comes up again like we saw earlier this year.
We are available from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
You can also email at firstname.lastname@example.org.