Healthy Relationships Team


You have the right to learn and work in an environment free of intimidation, harassment, or violence of any kind. If you or someone you know has been mistreated, there are people who can help you.

You have the choice to speak with someone confidentially on campus, to report the incident to the college, and/or to seek services in the community. Wherever you choose to seek help first, there is a team of dedicated people who will make sure you receive all the services that you need and want.

Navigate options and resources 

Click on the links below to navigate the options and resources for victims of violence.

Get help in an emergency

Speak with someone confidentially on campus

Report the incident to Edmonds CC

Receive confidential services in the community

Receive medical services

Report the incident to law enforcement or child protective services

Get help in an emergency

If you have an immediate health- or safety-related emergency please call 911 or a Security Officer on campus at 425.754.0154 at any time, day or night.


Speak with someone confidentially

Speak with a mental health counselor or an advocate in a private room on campus. 

The Counseling and Resource Center provides free and confidential personal, career, and student success counseling services as well as resources and referrals to support our students and campus community. You can make an appointment to meet with a counselor by calling the front desk at 425.640.1358 or by visiting the office in Mountlake Terrace Hall, Room 145.

Read more about counseling

Advocates help people navigate options and resources after they have been a victim of violence. The Wellness Center in Lynnwood Hall, Room 236 provides a private office for individuals to speak with confidential victim advocates from the local 24-hour sexual assault and domestic violence hotlines. To speak with an advocate about sexual assault call 425.252.4800. To speak with an advocate about domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking call 425.252.2873.

Read more about advocacy

Report the incident to Edmonds CC

You have the option to file a report online. The Title IX Coordinator receives this report and then will follow up with you over the phone. To report the incident online, go to and click on Sexual Misconduct Reporting Form at the bottom of the page.

If you prefer to speak with someone directly, you may contact the Title IX Coordinator at 425.640.1647or the Student Conduct Officer at 425.640.1125. They manage all of the online reports that the college receives. 

Read more about Title IX

Another option is to speak with a Security Officer from Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness by calling the 24-hour line at 425.754.0154. When you call Campus Security from a location on campus, an officer will be dispatched to the site of the incident. All reports are reviewed by the Security supervisor and routed to the correct department. 1

Read more about Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness


Receive confidential services in the community

Sometimes victim-survivors seek confidential services outside of EdCC. This can be an option for people for people who feel it will give them a higher degree of confidentiality and privacy. There are 24-hour crisis lines with advocates who can speak with you any time of the day.

To speak with an advocate about sexual assault or sexual abuse, call the crisis line for Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse (PICAA) at 425.252.4800. To speak with an advocate about domestic violence, dating violence, or stalking, call the support hotline for Domestic Violence Services of Snohomish County (DVS) at 425.252.2873

Furthermore, individuals can drop-in the Wellness Center and ask to speak with a confidential advocate with no questions asked.


Receive medical services

Forensic (evidence gathering) medical examinations are available for victims of sexual assault, domestic violence, and child abuse. Forensic nurse examiners are available 24 hours a day to provide these examinations in Snohomish County emergency departments. 2 

For an assault that occurred less than 72 hours ago, please go to the closest Hospital Emergency Department. Swedish Edmonds Hospital is located at 21601 76th Ave West,Edmonds, WA 98026.

For an assault that has occurred more than 72 hours ago, you can make an appointment at Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse (PICCA) at Dawson's Place at 1509 California St, Everett, WA 98201 or call 425.297.5776.

Read more about community medical services


Report the incident to law enforcement or child protective services

Another option is to report the crime to law enforcement. Most cases involving individuals from Edmonds CC campus work with Lynnwood Police Department. To report an emergency, call 911. To report an incident that occurred in the past or is considered a non-emergency, call the dispatch line at 425.775.3000.

If you are not sure if your situation is an emergency, you are encouraged to call 911. When you call 911, be prepared to answer the call-taker's questions, which may include:

  • The location of the emergency, including the street address

  • The phone number you are calling from

  • The nature of the emergency

  • Details about the emergency, such as a physical description of a person who may have committed a crime, a description of any fire that may be burning, or a description of injuries or symptoms being experienced by a person having a medical emergency 3

Read more about reporting a crime to law enforcement

Child abuse and neglect

According to Washington State law Revised Code of Washington (RCW) Chapter 26.44, all school personnel are mandated reporters of child abuse and neglect. This means they have a legal obligation to report crimes committed against a person under the age of 18 to law enforcement and/or child protective services (CPS). Advocates from PICAA and DVS are mandated reporters as well. 

The purpose of mandatory reporting is to protect children who have been non-accidentally injured, sexually exploited, or deprived of the right to minimal nurture, health, and safety by their parents, custodian, or guardian. 4 Depending on the nature of the crime and known facts, the report goes to law enforcement, or child protective services, or both. 

If you are unsure about your responsibilities regarding mandated reporting or would like to discuss an incident that involves a student under the age of 18, contact Dennis Curran in the Title IX office at 425.640.1647.

Read more about child abuse and neglect



1. Edmonds Community College. (2016). Campus Safety, Security and Emergency Preparedness. Retrieved from /safety/

2. Providence Regional Medical Center Everett. (2011). Providence Intervention Center for Assault and Abuse. Pamphlet 37403, Revised March 2011.

3. City of Lynnwood, Washington. (2016). Police Department: Contacts & Services. Retrieved from

4. Washington State Department of Social and Health Services. (2015). Protecting the Abused & Neglected Child: A Guide for Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse & Neglect. DSHS 22-163, Revised July 2015. Retrieved from