Edmonds Community College Foundation Emergency Assistance Program is available for currently enrolled students who are experiencing an unforeseen financial situation that has occurred in the last 60 days that is beyond their control and could prevent them from continuing their education.
The Program is intended to assist students who are serious about continuing their studies toward a degree or certificate at Edmonds Community College. Applications are reviewed on a case by case basis and awarded accordingly within the annual limits of available Foundation funding. Academic performance and program progression will be considered as part of the review process.
What can emergency funds pay for?
● Most importantly, Basic Life Necessities that are current or past due, such as
o Food, shelter, utility bills, car repairs
● Under limited circumstances cell phone and internet services
o Emergency funds can be used to pay for basic telephone service and internet connection. The funds cannot be used to pay for the full charges of a bundled service or special telephone applications or call/text charges in excess of the service contract.
To apply, complete the application and submit it with all supporting documents to one of the following people:
- Craig Kerr, Director of Services for Students with Disabilities in Mountlake Terrace Hall, room 156
- Kimberley Morgan, Project Director of TRiO Student Support Services in Mountlake Terrace Hall, room 125
- Michelle Cimaroli, Program Manager for the Foundation in Gateway Hall, room 310