Distinguished Alumni Award
Since its establishment in 1991, the Foundation's Distinguished Alumni Award has been given to 58 noteworthy individuals. Past recipients come from a broad range of professions and were nominated on the basis of their academic success, professional achievement or community service.
Nominees for this award must:
- Have received an Edmonds Community College degree or certificate, or
- Have attended classes at Edmonds Community College for at least one year, and
- Are not currently enrolled in classes at Edmonds Community College
Selection criteria also includes:
- Outstanding accomplishments in career or profession
- Community service through active involvement in civic and/or charitable organizations
- Volunteered during time as a student or since graduating through an advisory board, committee, task force, or as a student mentor or advocate
The Edmonds Community College Foundation is currently accepting nominations for the 2019 Distinguished Alumni Award. Please submit your nomination by Friday, March 1.
For any questions, please contact Rachel Quigley at firstname.lastname@example.org or 425.640.1512.
2019 Distinguished Alumni nominations are now closed. Please stay tuned for the announcement of the winner.
Kristina Ann Madden
Kristina, a 2012 graduate with an associate degree in pre-nursing, is the recipient of the 2019 Distinguished Alumni award.
Kristina is described by her nominator as having "grit and determination that so many of our students possess. It is clear she will not let any roadblock hold her back."
Despite the challenge of attending school as a working mother of three, Kristina excelled at Edmonds CC. She was the student commencement speaker and twice received a prestigious scholarship. After completing her degree at Edmonds CC, Kristina transferred to the University of Washington and completed her bachelor's degree in nursing and is currently working on her Doctorate of Nursing Practice at Creighton University.
Nominations can be submitted year round. Awards are made in the spring.