Repayment/Return of Funds
Withdrawing or completing zero credits before completing 60 percent of the quarter may result in owing a repayment of the financial aid you received. Repayments are calculated based on the federal Return of Title IV Aid policy and state regulations. A copy of the full policy is available in the Financial Aid Services Office. Please note the following:
- Instructors report the last day you attended or participated in classes. We use the date your instructors report to determine if you completed at least 60 percent of the quarter.
- Repayments are prorated based on the percentage of the quarter you completed.
- Student repayments are reported to the Department of Education and the Washington Student Achievement Council (WSAC). This may affect your eligibility for aid at other institutions.
- If you owe a repayment, you are notified through the U.S. Mail Service.
- Petitions for Reinstatement of Aid are not considered until repayment is made.
- Based on regulations, the school may be required to refund a portion of your tuition and fees and return the refund to the appropriate grant and/or loan program. Additionally, undisbursed loan funds are returned to the Federal Direct Loan Program, and future disbursements are canceled if your aid is not reinstated for the upcoming quarter.
- You are notified through the U.S. Mail Service of any return of federal or state funds.
- You are notified through the U.S. Mail Service if your loan is canceled.
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at edcc.edu/edmail.