Prior Academic Transcript
If you attended Edmonds College in the past, federal financial aid regulations require us to review your transcript and determine if you made satisfactory academic progress during your previous enrollment. If you did not complete the credits you enrolled for, or if you received poor grades, you may not be initially eligible to receive financial aid. Please note the following:
- We evaluate all credits on your transcript, even if you did not receive financial aid at the time you took the classes.
- Classes taken for high school completion, including the Running Start and EdCAP programs, are included in our evaluation.
- We do not include ABE, GED, or ESL classes in our evaluation.
- If we determine you did not make satisfactory academic progress during your previous
enrollment, there are two possible options:
- We may go ahead and award you conditionally, but place you on Warning Status, or,
- We may notify you that you are not eligible for financial aid and offer the option of petitioning for reinstatement of your aid eligibility.
When you submit a petition, explain why you were not able to make satisfactory academic progress when you previously attended Edmonds College.
Note: We take into consideration any extenuating circumstances that prevented you from successfully completing your classes, the amount of time you have been away from school, steps you are taking to help you satisfactorily complete your classes in the future, and if you were attending under a high school completion program.
If your GPA (Grade Point Average) is below a 2.0 and it is mathematically impossible for you to raise your GPA to at least a 2.0 within the current school year, your petition will not be approved.