Cost of Attendance
- Below are the student budgets, also known as the Cost of Attendance (COA) for 2017-18.
- Each student is assigned a budget based on information provided on the Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Student budgets are developed and approved through the Washington Financial Aid Association (WFAA). We are required to use these budgets when determining financial aid eligibility.
- Subtracted from your COA budget is your Expected Family Contribution (EFC), which was determined by the federal processor when you submitted the FAFSA.
- The remaining amount is called your financial “need”.
- In most cases awarded aid cannot exceed a student’s “need” and can never be more than the budget or Cost of Attendance.
Student Budgets - Cost of Attendance
2018-19 Academic Year (9 months/3 quarters)
|Cost||Student living with Parents||Student living away from Parents|
|*Tuition and Fees (12 credits)||$3,900||$3,900|
|Books and Supplies||$870||$870|
|Room and Board||$3,270||$10,440|
|Misc. Personal Costs||$1,860||$2,340|
*Non-Resident add $5,370
EdMail: You are required to use it! It is the way we communicate with you.
The college assigns all students EdMail (email) accounts within a couple of days after they register for their first class. Note: if you are a former student returning after time away from school, check with the Enrollment Services Office to confirm what email address we have on file for you. We use the address recorded in the Enrollment Services records. To gain access to your account, follow the steps at www.edcc.edu/edmail.