Edmonds College Logo
Enrollment Services


Withdrawing from class is the process of formally dropping a class or classes after the quarter has started.  Withdrawals after the 10th day of the quarter (8th day in summer quarter) result in a "W" grade on the transcript.

  • If you find it necessary to withdraw from a class, complete a registration form. The form may be obtained from the Enrollment Services Office or downloaded here.
  • You are officially withdrawn only after completing and processing the registration form with the Enrollment Services Office. If you leave the college without completing the process you may receive an unofficial withdrawal, or "V" grade, or grade based solely on work accomplished prior to dropping the class. If you withdraw online while online registration is available (dropping online is available through the first week of the quarter - adding classes online is only available through the 3rd day of the quarter; check the academic calendar for web registration cut-off dates), always print a copy of your schedule to ensure you have successfully been removed from your class or classes by going to Get Your Schedule.
  • If you are unable to complete the school term due to extreme or unusual circumstances beyond your control, you may be eligible for a hardship or medical withdrawal. Withdrawals of this nature will allow the removal, or prevent the entry, of failing grades on the transcript. A full refund of tuition and fees may also be provided, and a "W" grade will appear on your transcript. The procedures may be obtained from the Enrollment Services Office or downloaded here.

Also see: Adding/Dropping Classes