Move Faster and Further to a Better Future!
Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training (I-BEST) pairs Adult Basic Education and/or English as a Second Language (ESL) education with job skills training. I-BEST was designed to directly transition students into college-level programs, building skills to help them achieve career training certificates to obtain high-demand and high-paying jobs. What students receive is extra support and classroom help, whether in a team-taught class with two instructors, or a secondary I-BEST support class format.
I-BEST students also receive support in:
- Career exploration and planning
- Financial aid advising and guidance
- Student goal attainment strategies
In as little as three months, you can earn a certificate of completion to get a jump-start on a new career in:
- Basic Bookkeeping
- Allied Health
- Computers, Electronics and Networks
- Materials Science
- Medical Office
- Family Support Studies: Parent Mentor
Get Skills for the Job You Want!
Most high-growth, high-wage occupations require at least some college experience.
Average annual earnings by education level*:
- Less than high school graduate- $22,326
- High School Diploma or GED - $31,209
- Associate or Vocational Degree - $40,708
- Bachelors Degree - $51,436
*2008 data from www.checkoutacollege.com