Learn Listening, Speaking, Reading, and Writing
Adult Basic Education ESL (basic skills) provides ESL classes to non-native, English-speaking immigrants, refugees, and citizens.
Tuition is $25 per quarter.
- Six levels - Beginning Literacy through Advanced
- Day, afternoon and evening schedules in fall, winter, or spring - choices include: 7:30 a.m. | 9:30 a.m. | 11:30 a.m. | 1:30 p.m. | 4:50 p.m. | 7:30 p.m.
- Summer classes - 8 a.m. | 10:30 a.m. | noon | 6 p.m.
- ESL Skills Lab - for students in Level 1-4
- ESL Language Lab - for students in Level 4-6
- ESL Grammar and Writing Lab - for students in Level 5-6
- Volunteer Literacy Program - Call Nancy Strom at 425.640.1032, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or go to Mukilteo Hall 414
- Prep for Allied Health Education, ESL 062 - for ABE ESL students to prepare for the college's Allied Health Education certificate programs
- Prep for Early Childhood Education, ESL 063 - for ABE ESL students to prepare for a certificate or degree in Early Childhood Education
- Introduction to College, ESL 095 - for ABE ESL students to learn about community college programs and course requirements
- Advising for Transitions to College - Call the ESL Transitions Advisor at 425.640.1773 or go to Mukilteo Hall 309B
How to Get Started
Call 425.640.1478 for advising and directions. New students, make an appointment for a 3-4 hour orientation/advising session.
If you are in the United States with an F, M, TN or B visa, call International Student Services at 425.640.1518 for information about other ESL programs.