Join us at the Internship Fair!
The Internship Fair is coming up on February 5, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. in Woodway Hall, Room 202. Meet local employers who are hiring interns in STEM, Business Services, Horticulture, IT, Legal, Visual Communications, Construction Management, and Social and Human Services. No RSVP required. For more details on who will be there and how to prepare, visit our Internship Fair page. We hope to see you there!
What is an Internship?
For students, internships are a supervised time-limited professional work experience, focused on offering meaningful and practical work related to the student’s career interests and/or field of study. They can be full – or part time, paid or unpaid. Many internships are eligible for credit(s) at Edmonds CC.
For employers, internships offer the opportunity to bring new ideas and perspectives into the workplace; develop committed and relevant talent through project based work; and build a cost effective recruitment strategy for future employees.
Benefits of an Internship
There are many benefits to procuring a successful internship. A few of the top benefits include:
- Through hands-on experience bridge classroom learning to work experience
- Gain practical skills, knowledge and confidence in your field of interest
- Make informed career choices
- Grow business contacts and professional network
- Make you more competitive in the job market and/or lead directly to employment
- Develop your own learning objectives, earn college credit and meet program requirements
Internships are available across many industries and programs of study. A quality internship will:
- Provide clear job and/or project descriptions
- Offer regular feedback and support
- Match the work to your learning objectives and career goals
- Challenge you and increase your skills
Interested in Learning More?
Here is a handy overview of the internship process to better equip you for finding and applying to an internship. This overview also provides information on internship and work-related courses at the college that can help you earn credit while completing your internship hours.