Goals, Commitment, Mission, Vision, and Values
- The program will create an environment in which children will enter kindergarten with the knowledge, skills, and attitudes essential for learning and school success.
- The program will provide educational opportunities for parents to acquire knowledge and skills, to minimize isolation, to increase health and well-being; and to connect to adult education and job training.
- The program will strengthen service continuity for children and families transitioning into and out of our programs.
- All adults responsible for children have knowledge and skills to keep children safe.
- Our structure positions us for future development and growth.
Our commitment to families
Edmonds Community College Head Start & Early Head Start supports and values all families. We provide safe, accepting environments for our children and families that honor the uniqueness of each person and culture.
To inspire learning and contribute to the health and well-being of enrolled low income children ages zero to five and their parents by providing exemplary services and exceptional educational programming. We believe success comes through partnerships with parents and community.
- Maximize our strengths and abilities to meet the emerging needs of children, families and communities.
- Expand services and create new delivery models.
- Develop a diversified monetary base enabling us to create new opportunities.
- Utilize resources to promote innovative collaborations and strategies.
- Broaden services to encompass families and children from prenatal to elementary school age.
- Social responsibility and investment in society.
- A Strong code of ethics and honor.
- The wellness of our Head Start/ECEAP and Early Head Start families, employees, and our community.
- The quest for learning.
- Organizational growth and development.