Women's SOCCER SEEKS Assistant Coach
Please Direct Inquires to:
Name: Aaron Howe
The position will report to Aaron Howe, women's soccer head coach. The assistant coach will be involved with all aspects of the Edmonds CC women's soccer program.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Assist in identifying and recruiting academically and athletically talented student-athletes within the rules and regulations of Edmonds Community College and the NWAC;
- Coach/teach individual and team women's soccer strategies to players, and help organize and plan day-to-day activities, including techniques;
- Assist students in achieving their educational goals, which includes helping oversee team study tables;
- Help maintain a competitive and successful program;
- Comply with NWAC/NCAA rules and regulations and support the NWAC's and Edmonds CC's Philosophy and Mission;
- Promote the program on campus and in the community (player volunteer work, camps, etc.)
- Drive a state vehicle (12 and 7 passenger van) to and from away contests;
- Other duties as assigned;
For information on how to apply, please see Application Procedures and Required Documents, below.
Qualifications, Knowledge Needed
- Playing experience and ability to teach the sport;
- Strong organizational, management and communication skills with attention to detail;
- Knowledge of the NWAC;
- Able to attend practice/ training sessions at anytime of day on the campus of Edmonds Community College, and use personal transportation to travel to meetings and for scouting student-athletes;
- Ability to demonstrate key technical competencies;
- Hold coaching licenses from qualified association(s), and plan to obtain higher licenses;
- Work is very physical and is mostly done outside, sometimes in harsh weather conditions;
- Associate’s Degree minimum; Bachelor's Degree preferred
The assistant coaching stipend is $2,100 with the opportunity to earn more money within the athletic department for jobs not associated with the women's soccer program.
Application Procedures and Required Documents
Send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Aaron Howe, women's soccer head coach.
Open until filled.
Conditions of Employment
- You must document your citizenship or employment authorization within three days of hire
- You must possess a current Washington State driver’s license and show proof of insurance
- Be able to pass a background check
- Currently be CPR certified or be able to obtain certification immediately
- Pass two online NWAC Coaching Certificates
About the College
Edmonds Community College, founded in 1967, is a public, two-year, coeducational state community college located in Lynnwood, Wash. in South Snohomish County. Learn more here > >
EEO/Affirmative Action Statement
Edmonds Community College recognizes an institutional responsibility to assure that all employees, students, and job applicants receive equality of treatment in employment and educational opportunities, and to eliminate barriers to equal employment opportunities. District regulations including, but not limited to, hiring, conditions or privileges of employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, layoff or termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training shall be administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Further, the College will act affirmatively to improve opportunities for underutilized groups who have historically suffered discrimination in employment and educational opportunities. The College will set affirmative action goals for females, African Americans, Asian/Pacific Islanders, Hispanic Americans, Native Americans, disabled persons, Vietnam-era veterans, disabled veterans, and persons age 40 and over if statistical analysis indicates an underutilization of any of these protected groups.