Edmonds Community College athletics is a member of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) and participates in intercollegiate athletics under the rules of the association. These rules include:

  • Athletes must be registered in a minimum of 12 credit hours.
  • Second-year athletes must have passed a minimum of 10 credit hours the last quarter enrolled in college.
  • Athletes may not participate in one sport more than two seasons.
  • Athletes must be registered within 20 days from the beginning of the quarter.
  • To qualify for eligibility to participate in a second (2nd) season of any sport, you must have earned a minimum of 36 credit hours since participation, passed 10 credits last full term of enrollment, and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.00 during quarters of participation.
  • Athletes must be a high school graduate or the class of which you were a member has graduated.
  • Any time you participate in a regularly scheduled game, match or contest, you will be charged with one year of eligibility in that sport.
  • Athletes may be declared ineligible if during the sport season you represent any club, organization or team other than your college team.
  • If you are a transfer from another community college that is a member of the NWAC, you become eligible for athletic competition after a time lapse of three quarters, exclusive of summer school, after separation from the former college.
  • Transfers from other colleges need to provide official transcripts and a tracer for all institutions attended, even if they did not compete in athletics.
  • If convicted for the use or sale of legend drugs, including anabolic steroids, you will be disqualified from participation in a NWAC sponsored athletic event or activity for a period of one year.
  • Only students from Washington, Oregon, Alaska, British Columbia, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and Hawaii are eligible for athletic grant-in-aid.
  • All potential student-athletes not from Washington, Oregon, Alaska, British Columbia, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah, Wyoming and Hawaii (including Internationals) must be cleared by the NWAC clearing house before contacting Edmonds CC coaches or administration. Please contact Jim Jackson at before contacting coaches or administration at Edmonds CC. Once you are cleared by the NWAC, we will contact you. 
  • Internationals and out of area student-athletes are not eligible to receive any athletic grant-in-aid.