Edmonds CC Tritons
Edmonds Community College fields seven athletic teams as part of the North Region of the Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC). Scholarships are available for prospective athletes in all sports. Here is information on Eligibility at Edmonds CC.
Edmonds Community College's Athletic Facilities include Triton Field, Seaview Gym, and the Indoor Hitting Facility. The gym offers basketball courts, a weight room, and locker facilities for use by students, faculty, and staff with a valid EdPass. Seaview Gym is also home to the Physical Education department, as well as intramural and recreational activities.
Thank you to our advertising and sponsorship partners!
Interested in being a student-athlete at Edmonds CC? Fill out this online form!
For the health and safety of our community, all college offices have moved services online Wednesday, March 18 through Friday, April 24. College offices will reopen to the public on April 27.
Employees are serving students and the community remotely during this time. Please check back for updates on this website for access to services available online, by email, or phone.
Spring quarter registration is open. Register online at edcc.edu/schedule. Spring quarter classes begin April 13.
- 100% online instruction for ALL classes for spring quarter.
- Exception: Classes with a hands-on component will be online April 13 through May 17, then the hands-on portion of the class will be offered in person from May 18 through June 19. Social distancing guidelines will be followed.
All college updates, resources, and information about COVID-19 is available at edcc.edu/coronavirus. Thank you for your flexibility and understanding.
Four Tritons commit to four-year programs
The first round of Triton student-athletes have recently committed to four-year college athletic programs next year. Volleyball's Sadie Gardner and Haylee Hooper, women's basketball's Kalei Cates, and softball's Prestyne Kaimi-Montira will all continue their academic and athletic journeys at the next level.
- Gardner, who earned AVCA All-American honors, has signed with NCAA D1 Idaho State University in Pocatello, Idaho. The Bengals compete in the Big Sky Conference.
- Cates has inked with Douglas College in New Westminster, British Columbia. The Royals compete in the Canadian Collegiate Athletic Association (CCAA).
- Hooper, who is a two-time 1st-Team North Region selection, will play at NAIA Ottawa University in Ottawa, KS. The Braves compete in the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference (KCAC).
- Kaimi-Montira had her sophomore season cut short due to COVID-19 but has signed to play for former Triton head coach Shery Gilmore at NCAA D2 Western Washington University in Bellingham, WA. She was an NFCA All-American as a freshman. The Vikings compete in the Great Northwest Athletic Conference (GNAC).
Stay tuned as more sophomores across our athletic programs are considering offers from four-year colleges and universities.
Vinicius Armucho honored with Transforming Lives award
The Edmonds Community College Board of Trustees awarded Vinicius Armucho with its 2020 Transforming Lives award. The award is given annually to a student whose life was transformed by attending Edmonds CC and who also overcame significant barriers to achieve his or her educational goals. Armucho is a freshman on the men's soccer team from Sao Paulo, Brazil. He also serves as a resident assistant on campus for the housing department. Read More > >
Volleyball to host three camps this summer
Edmonds CC volleyball will again host three camps this summer in Seaview Gym for different age groups and levels. All questions can be directed to head coach Tony Miranda. The registration form is linked below.
- All Skills Camp for players of any level is June 29-July 2 (9 a.m. to 3 p.m.) for boys and girls 5th through 9th grade; cost is $200.
- Advanced/Recruit Camp for high school athletes who are looking for advanced training days before the Tritons start their official season is July 29-31 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.); cost is $175
- Youth All Skills Camp is designed for 4th through 8th grade boys and girls who are looking to learn fundamental skills. The dates are August 3-5 (9 a.m. to 1 p.m.); cost is $125
Agbayani earns Academic Excellence Award
Women's basketball sophomore guard Sheilaika Agbayani has been named to the NWAC Winter Sports Academic Excellence Team. The Lahainaluna High School product carried a cumulative 3.73 GPA headed into winter quarter this season. Qualifications for the NWAC award are to be a sophomore in eligibility, have a minimum of 36 credits earned and a 3.25 cumulative GPA.
Spring sports are officially canceled
March 17, 2020 | VANCOUVER -- The Northwest Athletic Conference (NWAC) has made the decision to cancel all spring sport competition and NWAC Championship events, effective immediately. There are many questions about what will happen for our current spring sport student-athletes. The baseball and softball programs have been notified and are in communication with their head coach and the athletic director. This is an evolving situation with many moving parts. There won't be answers to all questions for some time ahead.
The NWAC has posted a FAQ page that is very helpful. Read More > >
Edmonds CC cancels large campus events until further notice
All athletic facility rentals are canceled until further notice
LYNNWOOD -- Based on the recommendations of the Snohomish Health District and Snohomish County and our own risk assessment to slow the progress of the coronavirus (COVID-19) in the greater community, Edmonds Community College has canceled all campus events, which includes non-Edmonds CC hosted events. In addition to all athletic contests not being held, all athletic facility rentals will not be taking place through April 3. Triton Athletics follows the recommendations of national and local health authorities in our area and takes directive from our President, Dr. Amit Singh. For updates, visit www.edcc.edu/coronavirus
Our Mascot: The Triton
Triton, prince of the sea in Greek mythology, commands the ocean waves.
Student-Athlete Handbook (.pdf)
Physical Packet (.pdf)