Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
2015 Free Tax Preparation Campaign at Edmonds Community College
Edmonds Community College and the United Way are partnering this year to offer free income tax return preparation and e-filing to low income U.S. citizens and residents. This service is sponsored by an IRS program called, Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Volunteers are taught using IRS training guidelines and are IRS certified to provide confidential tax preparation to qualified taxpayers. Last year, Edmonds CC helped more than 500 campus and community members file their tax returns.
For more information:
Please see the United Way website for dates, times, and other important information: Free Tax Preparation Campaign
Please remember to bring Social Security Cards. We are now required to see Social Security Cards for everyone listed on the tax return.
What we can't do:
- Income over $53,000,
- Complicated investment schedules,
- Rental property,
- Partnerships, S-Corps, Estates, Trusts, or Farms,
- Self-employed with depreciable property or Home office,
- International Homestay, and
- International Students.
You will need to bring:
- A copy of last year's tax return (if available),
- picture ID,
- social security cards for all family members,
- W-2 forms,
- 1099 and 1098 forms,
- unemployment compensation statements,
- child care expenses (including provider name, address and employer number), and
- information for college expenses.
Tax forms will be provided.